This simple sugar cookie recipe is the right vacation cookie!
A easy combination of butter, sugar, and flour with a couple of additions, these sugar cookies bake up completely and maintain their form.
They’re excellent for any vacation, simple to make, they usually freeze fantastically!
- These simple cookies use easy components. Our household issues that is the perfect sugar cookie recipe since they’re comfortable and have a scrumptious buttery vanilla style.
- Pair them with our favourite sugar cookie icing to make festive cookies for any event!
Substances for Sugar Cookies
- Sugar – This sugar cookie recipe makes use of common granulated sugar for sweetness and texture.
- Butter – The quantity of salt in salted butter can range, so use unsalted butter and add salt for the perfect taste.
- Flour – All-purpose flour brings every little thing collectively.
- Egg – Egg helps bind every little thing collectively.
- Different – Vanilla provides taste whereas baking powder helps obtain the right texture. Add ½ teaspoon of almond extract if you happen to’d like.
How you can Make Sugar Cookies
- Within the stand mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar collectively per the recipe under.
- Combine in an egg. Add dry components and blend. Scrape the perimeters of the bowl as wanted.
- Chill dough for a couple of hours. Roll and lower with cookie cutters to match the event!
Sugar cookies are greatest when baked simply till flippantly browned on the perimeters.
Bother Capturing & Ideas for a Good Sugar Cookie Recipe
- No parchment – Skip the parchment paper or silicone mat for this recipe. They maintain their form greatest on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Room temp components – Guarantee butter and egg are at room temperature.
- Measure flour appropriately – You will need to measure flour correctly. Keep away from scooping the flour with a measuring cup, or it may possibly pack the flour, leading to a dry dough. As an alternative, flippantly spoon the flour into the measuring up and use the straight fringe of the again of a knife to stage it.
- Roll the dough on a flippantly floured floor to 1/4″ thickness. When rolling the dough, if it will get too comfortable, put it within the fridge for a couple of minutes. Don’t add an excessive amount of flour when rolling the dough.
- Don’t skip chilling the dough or the cookies will unfold and never maintain their form.
- If baking in batches, don’t place new batches on a heat cookie sheet. This can trigger the dough to unfold.
- If the dough appears powdery or isn’t holding collectively, it isn’t blended sufficient. Proceed mixing with a paddle attachment (for as much as 5 minutes extra), and the dough will maintain collectively. Picture under.
If the dough appears powdery or isn’t holding collectively, it has not blended lengthy sufficient. Proceed mixing with a paddle attachment (for as much as 5 minutes extra), and the dough will maintain collectively. Picture under.
How you can Embellish Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies are some of the fashionable cookie recipes for adorning. Be happy to have enjoyable with cookie cutters, stamped rolling pins, or just lower them into circles.
To make Christmas sugar cookies, or any time of 12 months cut-out cookies, guarantee they’re utterly cooled on a wire rack earlier than adorning (or the icing will soften).
You may adorn the baked cookies with comfortable frostings like buttercream frosting and elaborations, however our favourite is to make use of a easy sugar cookie icing or royal icing that finishes shiny and agency. Tip! Use gel meals coloring for the perfect colours.
Another choice is to soften chocolate chips and dip half of every cookie.
As soon as embellished, retailer cookies in an hermetic container. These chewy sugar cookies additionally freeze properly. Preserve in freezer for as much as 3 months.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Nothing says year-round vacation enjoyable like baking simple sugar cookies and adorning them with household and pals.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively flour, salt, and baking powder.
Within the bowl of stand mixer or a big bowl with a hand mixer, add the butter and sugar. Beat on medium pace for 3 to 4 minutes or till fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and blend till easy.
Steadily add the flour combination with the mixer on low. Proceed including till the entire flour is and let combine till the dough holds collectively, as much as 5 minutes. If the dough is powdery or not holding collectively, combine it longer.
Divide the dough in half, and type every half right into a flat 5-inch disk. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill within the fridge for two hours or as much as 4 days.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Whereas the oven is preheating, take away the dough from the fridge. If it has been within the fridge longer than 3 hours, it might want to take a seat out quarter-hour earlier than rolling because the butter will likely be very agency.
Sprinkle the work floor with a light-weight dusting of flour (or powdered sugar) to maintain the dough from sticking. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to ¼-inch thickness.
Reduce out shapes with cookie cutters. The scraps and be re-rolled, chill them within the fridge in the event that they soften an excessive amount of.
Place the sugar cookies 1-inch aside on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or simply till cookies start to brown on the perimeters.
Cool for two minutes on the cookie sheet, switch to a cooling rack, and funky utterly earlier than adorning.
As soon as cooled, adorn with sugar cookie icing.
- Substances, together with egg & butter, ought to be at room temperature.
- Keep away from utilizing a measuring cup to scoop the flour. As an alternative, flippantly spoon the flour into the measuring up and use the straight fringe of the again of a knife to stage it.
- Roll the dough to 1/4″ thickness. If the dough turns into too comfortable, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it. Don’t add an excessive amount of flour when rolling the dough.
- Don’t skip chilling the dough, or the cookies will unfold and never maintain their form.
- Don’t place new batches of cookies on a heat pan if or the dough will unfold.
Energy: 80 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fats: 4g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 21mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.4mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.