Bitter cream blueberry pie is unquestionably a favourite at my home. It lasts a couple of day each time I make it for my household. It’s excellent for any household gathering, vacation, or occasion. A simple recipe and one you’ll make time and time once more. It truly is a wonderful dessert that takes comes collectively rapidly.
Elements Wanted for Bitter Cream Blueberry Pie:
Contemporary or frozen blueberries
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
Scroll down for full printable recipe within the recipe card.
Regularly requested questions and Suggestions:
- You should utilize recent or frozen blueberries on this pie.
- We love this pie with walnuts within the topping. Not a fan? Use pecans or the kind of nuts you get pleasure from. You may even depart them out.
- I take advantage of this pie crust recipe. I’ve additionally made it with a Pillsbury pie crust. It really works tremendous.
Are you studying our digital journal, Front Porch Life? It’s filled with nice new recipes, nation residing, incredible individuals, southern appeal, cooking suggestions and a lot extra. We ship it on to your electronic mail so you can begin studying, cooking and stress-free instantly! That is our premium content material not discovered on our web site. Be part of 1000’s of others right now and begin having fun with our journal!
Bitter Cream Blueberry Pie
A simple blueberry pie that you will make over and over.
Servings: 1 pie
- 3/4 cup bitter cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 egg overwhelmed
- 2 cups recent or frozen blueberries
- 1 9 incunbaked pie shell (I take advantage of Pillsbury frozen pie crust
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
In a big bowl beat bitter cream, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, egg, lemon juice and cinnamon along with mixer. Fold in blueberries and pour into pie crust.
In a small bowl reduce butter into flour. I take advantage of a fork and simply type of mash all of it up collectively. Combine the nuts into the butter and flour. Sprinkle over the pie earlier than baking.
Bake pie in preheated 400 diploma oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool.
Don’t neglect about our Ebooks! Every E book is a group of our hottest recipes. You should have all of them at your fingertips and may pull them up at any time. Good and handy as a substitute of getting to go looking a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Observe us on Instagram.
© The Southern Girl Cooks images and textual content – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on different websites, or different makes use of allowed with out written permission of the copyright holder.