Kale quinoa salad is delightfully scrumptious and nutritious!
Hail to the kale – and quinoa! These two superfoods style nice combined with different greens, nuts, and cheese after which tossed in a easy dressing!
Make it forward of time for lunches or busy weeknight meals (this salad freezes fantastically too!).
Hearty & Wholesome Salad
- Kale and quinoa salad is chock filled with protein, antioxidants, and fiber, and even children love the mixture of colourful and crunchy elements!
- This versatile recipe permits you to swap out the fruits and veggies for no matter is in season making it a year-round favourite!
- Make this forward of time and luxuriate in for lunches. This salad freezes nicely too making it a straightforward make-ahead meal!
- Hold it as a vegetarian entrée salad or add chicken or fish!
Substances for Kale Quinoa Salad
Kale – Select bunches of kale which might be deep inexperienced and take away any torn or wilted leaves, in addition to the stalks. Whereas I most frequently use curly kale, attempt different varieties like child, dinosaur kale/Tuscan kale. Bulk up the salad by including chopped broccoli slaw, shredded brussels sprouts, or spinach.
Quinoa – Cooking quinoa in broth (as an alternative of water) provides further taste. A powerhouse of protein, quinoa will be switched out for different grains or legumes. Strive farro and even brown rice.
Greens – Shredded carrots and sliced pink onions provide coloration and crunch and can be found year-round. Seasonal veggies like chunks of roasted squash, corn, or beets will be added as nicely!
Different Flavorful Additions – Dried cranberries add sweetness and so will recent apples or grapes. Feta is a dry cheese that provides a salty taste whereas pecans add a nutty crunch.
Dressing – This sweet-tart French dressing has simply the correct amount of Dijon mustard and recent garlic. If utilizing a pre-made dressing, go for one thing barely candy and tangy akin to a light-weight fruity or citrus-infused dressing. You too can attempt poppyseed or honey mustard dressing.
- Add different veggies, virtually something goes. In case you’re not freezing this salad attempt cherry tomatoes, pink bell pepper, or chopped cucumber.
- Swap out pecans for pumpkin seeds or pepitas, sunflower seeds, or sliced almonds.
- Cooked rooster and even chickpeas are nice additions for further protein.
How one can Make Kale Quinoa Salad
- Make dressing: Place the dressing in a mason jar and shake nicely to mix per the recipe under.
- Prepare dinner quinoa: Prepare dinner quinoa, fluff with a fork, and funky.
- Mix elements: Therapeutic massage chopped kale in oil and salt in a big bowl and add the remaining elements and drizzle the dressing overtop. Toss to mix and refrigerate earlier than serving.
Storing Kale and Quinoa Salad
- Hold kale and quinoa salad in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Stir in recent nuts, cheese, or dressing, if desired.
- Consider it or not, you CAN freeze this kale quinoa salad recipe whether it is made with the elements listed under. As soon as thawed, it tastes simply pretty much as good because the day it was made!
Did your loved ones love this Kale Quinoa Salad? Depart us a ranking and a remark under!
Kale Quinoa Salad
This kale and quinoa salad mix two wholesome superfoods – kale and quinoa!
Rinse the quinoa in a advantageous mesh strainer and drain nicely.
Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with vegetable broth or water.
Carry to a boil, scale back warmth to medium-low, and simmer for quarter-hour or till the liquid has been absorbed. Cowl and let relaxation for five minutes. Cool utterly.
As soon as the quinoa has cooled utterly, place it in a big bowl.
In a jar, mix all dressing elements and shake nicely.
Place the kale within the backside of a medium bowl. Add olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt to the kale. Therapeutic massage the chopped kale together with your fingers till the leaves develop into tender and darkish inexperienced.
Add the cooled quinoa, pecans, carrots, feta cheese, pink onion, and dried cranberries to the bowl.
Pour the dressing over the elements and toss nicely to mix.
Refrigerate the salad for at the least 1 hour earlier than serving.
To substitute retailer purchased dressing, I might counsel a light-weight citrusy French dressing.
Energy: 476 | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 35g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 20g | Ldl cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 491mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7954IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.