This lasagna soup recipe is a scrumptious soup with all the flavors of our favourite lasagna recipe.
Zesty Italian sausage is simmered in a wealthy tomato broth pasta. It’s all topped with a mix of cheeses and contemporary herbs.
What’s Lasagna Soup?
- This lasagna soup recipe turns our favourite lasagna recipe in slurp-able soup.
- It’s ready in simply one pot – much less dishes and fewer mess.
- This soup is versatile; stir in bell peppers, zucchini, or mushrooms.
- It could possibly reheats and freezes nicely.
Components for Lasagna Soup
Broth – The bottom of this soup is beef broth and tomato sauce (or marinara sauce). A can of diced tomatoes provides a little bit of texture and a thicker consistency.
Greens – Onion, bell peppers, and spinach add taste. Stretch the soup even additional with kale, sliced mushrooms, or zucchini.
Pasta – I exploit common lasagna noodles and break them into bite-sized items. Exchange it with any medium pasta form – strive penne, rigatoni, rotini, or shells.
Toppings – My favourite topping is ricotta cheese. Prime with cheese combination together with parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella, and garnish with contemporary parsley and basil.
Learn how to Make Lasagna Soup
- Brown the meat with onion and garlic in a big soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Add the broth elements and simmer per the recipe beneath.
- Add pasta and simmer till tender. Stir in spinach if utilizing.
- Ladle into bowls and prime with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, some freshly chopped herbs, and a sprinkle of crimson pepper flakes.
For those who’d favor, this soup may be cooked within the slow cooker.
What to Serve with Lasagna Soup
Cheesy garlic breadsticks are a should for absorbing the savory broth, and a simple green salad will spherical out this household favourite! Have it with some home made croutons on prime, or prime it with shredded mozzarella cheese. Make some homemade garlic bread for dipping and dinner is served.
Storage and Leftovers
- For deliberate leftovers: If you’re planning leftovers or making this soup prematurely, cook dinner the pasta individually and add it to the soup simply earlier than serving. You possibly can skip the additional 1 cup of water within the broth.
- Retailer lasagna soup in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or the microwave.
- Freeze leftover soup in zippered baggage for as much as 4 months.
Did your loved ones love this Lasagna Soup? You should definitely go away a remark and a score beneath!
This lasagna soup recipe packs all the goodness of a traditional lasagna right into a scrumptious one-pot dinner!
Warmth the pot over medium-high warmth and add the sausage, onion, and garlic. Break it up with a spoon, cooking till no pink stays. Drain any fats.
Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes (with juices), beef broth, inexperienced pepper, seasonings, and 1 cup of water.
Deliver to a boil, cut back the warmth to medium low, and simmer coated for 15 minutes.
Add the lasagna items to the simmering soup and simmer coated for an extra quarter-hour or till the pasta is tender.
Take away from warmth, stir in spinach, and let the soup relaxation for five minutes. Season with further salt and pepper to style.
Spoon into bowls and prime as desired.
Non-compulsory Toppings: Ricotta cheese (advisable), Mozzarella Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, contemporary basil, and parsley.
Pasta can turn into mushy in soup if left within the soup for too lengthy. If making forward of time, cook dinner the soup however don’t add the pasta. Pasta may be added because the soup is reheated.
Italian Sausage provides nice taste, however you should use any floor meat and add a bit extra Italian seasoning and salt.
Recent spinach may be substituted with kale (which might want to cook dinner a bit longer) or frozen spinach.
Serving: 1.66cups | Energy: 474 | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 25g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1327mg | Potassium: 1167mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1074IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 4mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.