This Buckeye recipe is the star of each cookie plate.
Buckeyes are a scrumptious no-bake peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate.
In the event you like peanut butter cups, you’ll love these straightforward treats!
What’s a Buckeye?
A Buckeye is a well-liked no-bake deal with, impressed by Ohio’s well-known state tree, which is taken into account fortunate. These buckeye candies resemble the nuts that develop on a buckeye tree.
These are chocolate-dipped peanut butter balls, recognized for being scrumptious are easy to make! A creamy peanut butter ball is dipped partway in wealthy chocolate. Excellent for anybody who loves a candy, easy-to-make dessert and a welcome addition to your Christmas cookie plate.
Substances in Buckeyes
Typically known as ‘peanut butter balls’ or ‘buckeye cookies,’ this recipe is just some pantry substances.
- Peanut Butter – Use common creamy or crunchy peanut butter. Keep away from all-natural peanut butter that tends to separate simply.
- Butter – Use unsalted room-temperature butter. In the event you solely have salted butter, it is going to work however will make them just a little bit salty.
- Vanilla Extract – This provides taste to the peanut butter combination.
- Powdered Sugar – Also called confectioners sugar provides sweetness and creates the perfect texture.
- Chocolate Chips – I take advantage of semisweet chocolate chips for the proper steadiness of sweetness. Swap for darkish chocolate or milk in case you want.
- Shortening – Vegetable shortening helps hold the chocolate from cracking. May also use soften and use coconut oil.
The right way to Make Peanut Butter Balls
- With an electrical mixer, mix peanut butter, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Chill.
- Roll into balls and chill.
- Dip in melted chocolate, let the surplus chocolate drip off, and luxuriate in!
Buckeye Suggestions and Methods
- Mud your palms with a little bit of powdered sugar when rolling the peanut butter balls so the combination doesn’t keep on with your palms.
- Some buckeyes might be smaller and a few might be bigger and since there is no such thing as a baking, there’s no want to fret about them baking evenly.
- Ensuring the chocolate is heat and the peanut butter balls are very chilly will give the perfect outcomes for dipping.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till serving.
- Buckeyes might be stored within the freezer for as much as 1 month. Thaw within the fridge the day earlier than serving.
Did your loved ones love this straightforward Buckeye recipe? Depart us a remark and a score beneath!
Simple Buckeye Recipe
Buckeyes are a favourite recipe – creamy Peanut Butter Balls dipped in chocolate.
In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, and vanilla with a hand mixer on medium pace till fluffy.
Steadily add powdered sugar, mixing till integrated after every addition. Chill the combination within the fridge for no less than half-hour.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop and roll the combination into 1-inch balls and place on the ready baking sheet. Chill the peanut butter balls for no less than half-hour.
Mix chocolate chips and shortening in a small bowl. Microwave at 50% energy for 1 minute. Stir and proceed microwaving in 30-second increments simply till melted.
Place a toothpick into the peanut butter middle of every ball and dip in chocolate leaving just a little little bit of the peanut butter peeking out the highest.
Place on the identical parchment lined pan and chill within the fridge till set.
Retailer buckeyes within the fridge in a lined container for as much as 2 weeks. They will also be frozen for as much as 2-3 months.
Serving: 1buckeye | Energy: 194 | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 70mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.