Sharing the outcomes of my IgG food sensitivity test, in addition to execs and cons of this testing technique.
Hello buddies! How’s the day going to date? I hope that you simply’re having an important one! In the present day, I’m engaged on podcast stuff (new episode tomorrow) and assembly up with a buddy for lunch.
For at present’s put up, I needed to share a bit extra about my private well being journey and one of many steps within the course of: meals sensitivity testing. After I first enrolled within the IHP program (you can check out my review of level 1 here and level 2 here), I knew that I’d love to have the ability to assist buddies and purchasers in a completely totally different, extra customized method. I had no concept how a lot this data would assist me on a private degree, too.
By my data in IHP and testing talents, I’ve been capable of uncover some root causes and I’m engaged on rebalancing my physique by means of eradicating the toxicities and restoring deficiencies.
At-home IgG Meals Sensitivity Check Evaluation (and my outcomes)
The nutshell model:
– Final spring, I had horrible pink eye which became a trigger for constant eye issues – watering, tremendous crimson, itchy, mucus-y eyes. I couldn’t put on contacts for nearly three months. I’ve tried just about the entire pharmacy eye section :/
– I noticed many eye docs who had been unable to assist me (they only needed to throw the kitchen sink of eyedrops and prescriptions at me, and nothing helped) – I lastly discovered a dry eye specialist who was capable of give me an motion plan and my eyes improved tremendously
– I did blood work with my PCP to test primary markers and irritation, and two markers for Lupus came back positive, which defined the joint ache I had in my palms and the unusual rashes I’ve had over time. Every time I’ve been underneath durations of utmost or prolonger stress, I’d get a rash, and my palms would typically ache at evening, which I had attributed to typing a lot.
– I immediately went into check and be taught mode, doing an HTMA test, Candida Metabolic and Vitamins Test, and Food Sensitivity test. (Should you’re interested by testing, e mail me – I can get higher costs than what is obtainable on the web site.) The attention points (which I feel are partially an allergy response) + autoimmune signs advised me one thing was probably occurring in my intestine, so I used to be curious to see if I had any yeast, micro organism, and Candida overgrowth (I had all three) and the way my physique was responding to emphasize. I used to be nutrient poor in a number of markers, and in addition had some elevated heavy metals.
– I labored for months to get the irritation down in my physique, and in December, the Lupus markers had been destructive!!! YAYYYYY! Whereas I used to be by no means formally identified with Lupus – I used to be ready to see Rheumatology till I may get some solutions and retest and since my signs had been underneath control- this simply tells me that the irritation is unquestionably down, so good issues throughout.
– I’ve made some enormous way of life and eating regimen adjustments, and my meals sensitivity check was to see if I used to be consuming something that is likely to be inflicting extra irritation. In at present’s put up, I’ll share the method, outcomes, and the precious data I gained from this at-home check.
*A pleasant reminder that I’m NOT a physician and these assessments don’t diagnose, deal with, forestall, or treatment sickness. They’re to offer details about your distinctive physique so you possibly can work with a practitioner to create a customized motion plan.*
My IgG Meals Sensitivity Check Outcomes
What’s an IgG Response?
IgG, or immunoglobulin G, is an antibody current in our immune system. IgG reactions happen when the physique identifies particular meals as threats, triggering an immune response that may result in a variety of signs. These reactions are totally different from instant, allergy-type responses (like hives, anaphylaxis, extreme itching, and so on) and are sometimes related to delayed signs, making them difficult to pinpoint with out specialised testing.
The At-House IgG Meals Sensitivity Check:
The IgG Food Sensitivity Test is a handy at-home testing technique designed to establish potential meals sensitivities. The method sometimes includes a easy blood pattern, which might be collected utilizing a finger-prick equipment offered by the testing service. I’ll be sharing screenshots of my check outcomes to offer a clear look into this expertise.
Advantages of the IgG Meals Sensitivity Check:
The check presents customized insights into your physique’s particular reactions to a variety of meals. This data empowers you to make knowledgeable dietary decisions tailor-made to your distinctive wants. This explicit check is for 190 of the commonest meals and spices!
Figuring out Hidden Triggers:
Not like instant allergic reactions, IgG reactions are sometimes delayed, making it difficult to establish set off meals. The check helps uncover potential hidden culprits contributing to varied well being points.
Understanding and addressing meals sensitivities can contribute to the administration of assorted signs, reminiscent of bloating, fatigue, pores and skin points, mind fog, nervousness, and digestive discomfort.
Armed with data about your physique’s reactions, you possibly can optimize your diet by choosing meals that assist your general well-being and reduce the danger of triggering inflammatory responses.
Focused Elimination Diets:
The check outcomes can information the implementation of focused elimination diets. By quickly eradicating recognized set off meals, you possibly can assess the influence in your signs and regularly reintroduce meals primarily based in your physique’s responses. Relying on the severity, you’ll both take away the meals for six weeks, 12 weeks or 6 months, after which regularly add the meals again in, to see how your physique responds.
Cons of At-home Meals Sensitivity Testing:
Whereas meals sensitivity testing has gained recognition as a possible device for understanding particular person reactions to sure meals, it’s important to acknowledge among the criticisms and issues surrounding these assessments. Critics argue that the scientific validity and reliability of many business meals sensitivity assessments are debatable. The primary critique stems from the range of immune responses and the complexity of the human physique’s response to totally different meals.
Moreover, the idea of IgG reactions as indicators of meals sensitivities is just not universally accepted throughout the medical and scientific communities. Some argue that elevated IgG ranges might not essentially correlate with adversarial reactions and might differ between people with out obvious signs. Furthermore, the dynamic nature of the immune system makes it difficult to determine definitive cause-and-effect relationships between particular meals and well being points. It’s essential for people contemplating meals sensitivity testing to strategy it with a crucial mindset, recognizing its limitations and consulting healthcare professionals for a complete analysis of their well being issues.
On this put up, I’ll stroll you thru my private expertise with the IgG Food Sensitivity Test, sharing the meals that triggered reactions, my preliminary reactions, and the way I’ve adjusted my eating regimen primarily based on the outcomes. I believed it could be useful for my buddies on the market who’re contemplating this, or who’re on an identical journey.
For this check, you need to have a mixture of meals in your system, particularly meals that you simply suppose could also be problematic (however ARE NOT allergic to. If you realize you’re allergic to walnuts, keep away from walnuts). Dr. Cabral recommends an egg sandwich with cheese just a few days earlier than testing. I needed this check to be consultant of how I eat, which for now, excuses gluten and dairy. I lower these out after I went down the Lupus rabbit gap as just a few books really helpful skipping gluten and dairy in case you have autoimmune signs. I observed an enormous enchancment in my joint ache and my eyes.
I had just a few bites of birthday cake just a few days earlier than the check, and gluten was elevated, which verifies that it’s not the only option for me proper now.
My numbers had been additionally barely elevated for almonds, egg whites, and yogurt, which was shocking for me.
I’ve been bummed to be taught by means of this expertise that I can’t have eggs on a regular basis like I used to till I heal my intestine. I solely have them about as soon as per week now and luxuriate in each chunk!! As soon as my intestine is healed, the thought is that I’ll be capable of add again dairy, gluten, and extra frequent eggs, checking for reactions alongside the way in which.
The check additionally contains pattern meal rotations to assist embrace a wide range of meals and doubtlessly cut back destructive reactions and responses to varied meals.
This complete course of has been very enlightening and informative, and I’m excited to share extra alongside the way in which.
Should you’re involved in practical testing, ship me an e mail email@example.com topic TESTING and I’d love to assist!